Return to Headlines
Medical Skills USA Dominate at District Competition
Medical Skills USA sent 40 students to district competition in Beaumont Feb 16-18. Students were confident, prepared, and poised. They were the recipients of several compliments about having great attitudes and being very knowledgeable in their events. Teachers Amanda Clark and Rhiannon Petty are extremely proud! At Saturday's awards ceremony, it was definitely a Porter day! Medical, Criminal Justice, Engineering, AudioVisual, and Cosmetology were all nicely represented on stage! Junior, Diana Martinez, was voted in as a new Skills USA District 7 officer.
The following Porter students placed in Medical Skills USA Events:
- Career Pathways 1st - Artemis Beniamin, Deja Bernal, Sierra Jimenez.
- Dental Assistant 1st -Fatima Salazar, 2nd Melissa Marenco, 3rd Sydney Busby, 4th Stephanie Chavez, 5th Ezequiel Garcia.
- Health Science Portfolio- 1st Alyssa Alaniz, 2nd Lilly De La Cerda.
- Medical Assistant- 1st Bryanna Roman, 2nd Parker Dwiggins, 3rd Sierra Jimenez.
- Practical Nursing- 1st Lorena Mendoza, 2nd Paola Olascagoa, 3rd Diana Martinez.
- Opening and Closing Ceremony- 3rd Lorena Mendoza, Diana Martinez, Ezequiel Garcia, Cassandra Perez, Graciela Calzada, Ailani Mainego.
- Opening Closing Ceremony- Tasnuva Haider
- Medical Math- 3rd Dontrae Sims
- Health Knowledge Bowl -3rd Ashley Fernandez, Gracie Calzada, Brianna Farias, Jacqueline Sosa.