New Caney ISD is using an online registration system. If you are registering a new student, please click here to begin the registration process: New Student Registration
All children 5 years of age, or under 21 years of age on the first day of September of a scholastic year and whose parents or legal guardians are residents of the New Caney Independent School District will be admitted free of tuition to the public schools.
- Pre kindergarten: A child must be four years of age ON OR BEFORE September 1st.
- Kindergarten: A child must be five years of age ON OR BEFORE September 1st.
- First Grade: A child must be six years of age ON OR BEFORE September 1st.
To register your child for school, you must bring the following documents along with the child you are enrolling:
- Original official birth certificate (Statewide birth certificates are available through the county clerk's office. Any person born in the State of Texas may obtain an official copy of their birth certificate from the county clerk's office at the East Montgomery County Courthouse Annex in New Caney. Cost of the certificate is $22.00.)
- Proof of residency (utility bill or lease agreement showing physical address of parent)
- Student's social security card
- Current immunization card
- Custody of guardianship documents relating to student
- Evidence of income if enrolling the student(s) in pre kindergarten program (not required for children who qualify as English as a Second Language Learners)
Documents not required, but may be helpful in determining placement of your child are:
- Parent's driver's license for identification
- Last report card from the previous school
- Previous school's name and mailing address
- TAKS or other standardized test results, if available.
- Department of Defense identification**
- Copy of Death Certificate from Department of Defense or memorandum signed by the Casualty Office***
- Copy of Purple Heart orders or citation or copy of the Line of Duty Determination or copy of an official letter from commander****
- **If service member is Active Duty
- ***If service member dies or is killed
- ****If service member is Active Duty or Mobilized Reservist/Guardsman
- Educationally disadvantaged, includes: Families meeting income eligibility guidelines for 2010-2011; and Foster children
- Difficulty speaking/comprehending English (testing required)
- Child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Child that is, or has been, in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing under Family Code Section 262.201