We welcome you to the Porter Elementary Library and Media Center where endless journeys await you. Our staff this year is Ms. Read, Campus Media Specialist and Miss Achorn, Library/Media Center Aide.
The Porter Elementary Library/Media Center is committed to helping students and staff develop information literacy skills and an enjoyment of reading. This year, we are excited to launch "Maker Spaces" where students will create, collaborate and problem solve through a variety of hands-on activities. Students will visit the Library/Media Center during their regular specials time.
- To help students develop information literacy skills for lifelong learning.
- To provide access to print and non-print materials.
- To help students develop an enjoyment and love of reading.
- To provide leadership, collaboration, and assistance to teachers, staff, and students.
- The library is a quiet place.
- Respect and cooperate with teachers and other students.
- Keep library in good order.
- Be responsible for books.
- Keep hands, feet, and objects to yourself.
- Have fun exploring and learning!