Degrees and Certifications:
Mrs. Cynthia D. Baker
I am so excited to serve as the school counselor for New Caney Elementary. This is my 26th year in education. I have taught as classroom teacher for Kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, & 3rd grades; as a Special Education Resource teacher for 3rd and 4th grades; Special Education Inclusion 5th grade teacher; RTI Specialist.
Guidance Motto: “Empowering students to reach their highest level of achievement with guidance in Character Education and Self-Regulation skills, which can equip them with life-long tools to become productive members of society.”
"...We must remember that intelligence is not enough. Intelligence plus character -- that is the goal of true education." Martin Luther King, Jr.
Your school counselor believes that...
- All children have potential.
- Children deserve dignity
- Children learn best when they feel good about themselves.
- Children are capable of making responsible choices.
- Attitudes formed during elementary school often stick.
- Children who understand their feelings are better able to control their behavior.