Clinic: March 27 - 30, 2017
Tryouts: March 31, 2017
- Participants - Tryouts will be held in a closed session after school.
- Parents - Parents MUST attend a parent meeting in order for their student to qualify as a cheerleader candidate. During tryouts, parents must wait OUTSIDE the school. The practice clinic will be closed to parents and outside guests.
- Clinic- A four day clinic will be held after school prior to tryouts. Attendance is required for a student to become a cheerleader candidate. Candidates should have their hair away from their face, wear shorts and t-shirt or warm-ups, white tennis shoes, and socks.
*** If they are involved in another school event or have the STAAR test the next day, please inform Coach Rumley tonight.
- Try-out uniform – To tryout, a candidate will wear a plain white
t-shirt, royal blue cheer shorts, white tennis shoes, white socks and a white bow.
- Judging – A panel of 2 non-biased, professional judges and the High School Head Cheer Coach will score the candidates on cheerleading skills. These final scores will be added together to determine which candidates are selected for the 2017-2018.
- Notification – All candidates and family members will be required to leave campus after their tryout. Scores will be posted on the Keefer Crossing Middle School Cheer Website. Scores will remain confidential. If you would like to discuss the tryout process you will need to set up a meeting with Coach Rumley after April 10, 2017.
Anyone interested in participating in NCISD cheerleader/mascot tryouts must fulfill the following requirements:
Complete and Submit the following FOUR documents to Coach Rumley by March 8, 2017
- Tryout Application (from tryout packet)
- Parent/Applicant Agreement Form
- Cheerleader Expense Release Form
- Grade Report showing first semester REPORT CARD grades and 3rd 9 weeks Report Card.
***Completed Physical Form Must be on file in Training Room or given to Coach Rumley. Physical must be good through March 2017
Disqualifications from tryouts:
Candidates may be disqualified from try-outs for the following reasons:
- Having an overall grade average of less than a 70 on most recent report card.
- Having excessive unexcused absences (compulsory attendance law/violating 90% attendance rule).
- Being assigned to SAC, The Learning Center or the JJAEP during the current school year.
- Not attending all required tryout practices, unless permission is granted by Coach Rumley.
- Being dismissed or quitting the cheer squad during the previous season.
- Failing two nine weeks of the current school year, consecutive or not.
- Not having a current physical on file with the Athletic Trainer prior to March 24, 2017