Substitute Teacher Information
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Complete and submit the Substitute online application. Please be sure to provide your current email address as well as references with accurate email addresses and phone numbers. Your application will not be processed until references provide feedback.
2. Should you be selected for the interview pool you will receive an email to schedule an appointment. Substitute candidates will be notified within 5 to 7 business days, after being interviewed, as to whether they have been selected for hire.
3. New Caney ISD will check your fingerprint status with the Texas Department of Public Saftey (DPS) and the Texas Education Agency (TEA). If the DPS/TEA requres you to provide fingerprints, you will be emailed the information. The fingerprinting agency charges approximately $50.00 for the appointment. You must complete the fingerprint requirements to continue in the application process.
4. Once your new hire forms process you will receive an email with the day and time of the next available mandatory substitute orientation. You will need to bring your ID, Employment documents for the I-9 and official transcripts to this orientation.
At the orientation you will establish your district G-mail account and open an Eduhero account for your online training.
5. Once you complete the online training you will be activated in AESOP and you will recive a welcome letter in your district email account with your log in information.
NCISD uses Absence Mangagement, also known as AESOP as our substitute management system. Upon hire you will be sent a welcome letter to AESOP. Substitute login is the phone number you have on file with the district. A system generated pin will be assigned and will be included in your welcome letter.
By default, substitutes will be called for jobs according to district system settings. You may also customize these times or turn off the substitute calling feature. If you have days or partial days that you are not available to substitute, you can create non work days in AESOP so the system will not offer you jobs on those days. For instructions on how to adjust these settings or create non work days please see the AESOP Substitute Web Guide. If you are are trying to link multiple AESOP accounts you may find the Multiple District Substitute Guide helpful. Please keep in mind, restricting your call times may negatively effect your available job options.
The Absence Management (AESOP) substitute website is not optimized for mobile phones, however, if a substitute has a modern smart phone the web browser may allow them to access the site, search for and accept jobs.
There is a mobile app that is AESOP approved called Jobulator that substitutes can purchase. This app will notify substitutes of available jobs and allow them to accept them right from their mobile device. For information go to www.jobulator.com.
You can access your paychecks by logging into the TEAMS Employee Service Center.
Login using your district user ID. (this is the same as your district G-mail without the domain). Your password will also be the same as your district G-mail password. You do not need to register. Choose the "my paychecks" tab to view pay information.
In order to change any personal information you will need to submit a Change of Employee Information form. Please note that all name changes requested must be submitted with a copy of the amended, signed, employee social sucurity card.
We discourage substitutes from canceling accepted assignments. If you find yourself in that situation 24 hours prior to the assignment you should be able to log into AESOP, select the assignment in your calendar, and at the bottom right of the job details you should see a red cancel button. If you cancel an assignment you will not be able to pick up another assignment for that day as the system will create a non-work day.
If you do not see the red cancel button, you have entered into the 24 hour no cancel period in which case you will need to email the subsitute coordinator for that campus as soon as possible and make contact by phone as soon as the campus is open, you can find contact information on the 2017-2018 Campus Substitute Coordinators list.